Cloud computing services are changing the way that companies and public institutions use information technology. Today, cloud services are available to meet virtually all IT needs. Although there are a wide variety of cloud computing services, they all have certain basic functions and benefits in common, and they can all be classified into a few types of cloud services.
Features and benefits of cloud computing services –
Today most people have heard of cloud computing services, but what are they? Although the characteristics of cloud services can vary, a definition of cloud computing identifies the main characteristics and benefits common to all clouds.
From the point of view of service users, cloud computing services have these main characteristics.
– The provider hosts and maintains them. The cloud hosting provider purchases, hosts and maintains the necessary hardware and software on its own premises. Service users avoid capital expenditures and maintenance-related headaches that they would have if they developed the service locally.
– Self-service through a web interface. Service users can initiate specific service functions and increase or decrease their level of service usage through a web interface with little or no interaction with the service provider.
– Pay peruse. Service users pay only for the amount of service they use. This can lead to significant cost savings compared to the traditional approach of building on-premises IT capabilities geared towards peak usage scenarios, then having that capacity underused most of the time.
– Virtually unlimited scalability. Cloud computing service providers often have the necessary infrastructure to offer their service on a large scale. For users of cloud computing services, this means that the cloud can easily adapt to business growth or periodic spikes in service usage.
Types of cloud computing services
The wide range of services offered by cloud computing companies can be classified into three basic types:
– Infrastructure as a service (IaaS). IaaS provides users with access to primary computing resources, such as processing power, data storage capacity, and networking, in the context of a secure data center.
– Platform as a service (PaaS). Geared towards software development teams, PaaS offerings provide computing and storage infrastructure and also a development platform level, with components such as web servers, database management systems, and software development kits ( SDK) for various programming languages.
– Software as a service (SaaS). SaaS providers offer application-level services tailored to a wide variety of business needs, such as customer relationship management (CRM), marketing automation, or business analytics.
Acceleration of cloud computing services –
Regardless of the type of cloud computing services you use, one thing is certain: large amounts of data are exchanged over the Internet between end-users and the cloud provider’s data centers.
For this reason, no matter what type of cloud services you use, Eminence can help your business have a better cloud experience and benefit more from your investment in cloud services.